Video Section

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video Section

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:36 am

Hello,

I want to ask something to all admin here.

its about "Video Section"

so sometimes ago Mike Posted on Facebook that say, "a member that have 50 post or more can see a hidden video download section on saisai sekai" then it change to 31 (if im not wrong).

and sometimes ago i PM him (@imcrazymike) about what criteria of a video that can be shared there (since i really want to contribute there).

and he said, "Currently the video are on mega and there are several categories for videos such as music videos, lives, interviews, and miscellaneous. However we will not allow the posting of official videos that are only available through purchases of DVD's and Blu-rays. We want to support the girls so we would prefer the members buy the DVD's and Blu-rays. Thank you."

then i ask him again what about the recording one like from M-ON! ?
and he didnt reply until now (i dont know, maybe he ask to other admin 1st before answer my last question so i just wait until now)

so my question is:
1. whether the hidden video section actually exists ?
2. if so, then what about my last question to mike (about recording from M-ON! or something like that)?
3. can i share a video cut from dvd/ bluray (like one song from music clip?)
4. what about the subbed one ?
5. where to upload them ?

if there is no hidden video section, then:
1. whether the purpose of the video thread ? (is it only to make an index or shortcut to sai2 video on youtube ?)
2. what can i do there ? (since it looks like one man thread for me)

so thats all my question.
This does not mean I just download all their hard work, but i bought some too:
my collection (not updated):

I like Them, and will support them too, i know this is a new forum, and thats why i ask you guys now about it.

and one more suggestion:
please tell us when the admin make some announcement

"Ainyan Is Love But Suu Is Life"
@saifamindo
mycodeis007
Reader Model
Reader Model

Favorite Member : Suu

Back to top Go down

Re: Video Section

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:59 am

The other Admins and mods had a long discussion about this topic earlier and this is what they decided:

http://www.saisai-sekai.com/t182-a-change-regarding-video-download-links#326

iamcrazymike
Admin
Admin

Favorite Member : Yukarun

http://www.crazygolucky.com

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:38 am

iamcrazymike wrote:The other Admins and mods had a long discussion about this topic earlier and this is what they decided:

http://www.saisai-sekai.com/t182-a-change-regarding-video-download-links#326

ahh sorry, since theres nothing in the morning and i write this while on work so i post it a little late.

then what about my other question ?

"if there is no hidden video section, then:
1. whether the purpose of the video thread ? (is it only to make an index or shortcut to sai2 video on youtube ?)
2. what can i do there ? (since it looks like one man thread for me)"

thx btw

@saifamindo
mycodeis007
Reader Model
Reader Model

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:12 am

mycodeis007 wrote:ahh sorry, since theres nothing in the morning and i write this while on work so i post it a little late.

thx btw

There is a video section. However, I don't believe it's hidden anymore. It was part of the agreement that staff made with each other that we would remove the post limit on the video section - so it should be free to anyone who signs up onto the website. If it's not seeable (this is the video section), let an admin know and we'll remind someone to unlock it. Smile

Any member is free to post in the video section if they have something new to post. Right now, Mike is the only one posting because he's the only one with something to post. Razz We allow any video to be posted but it must be linked to an official source and download links aren't allowed to be posted.

Edit: To clarify, DVD and official released are NOT allowed under any circumstances. If it is an official release, it will not be allowed to be posted. A warning will be handed out to any member who posts an official release.
Airi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Airi wrote:
mycodeis007 wrote:ahh sorry, since theres nothing in the morning and i write this while on work so i post it a little late.

thx btw

There is a video section. However, I don't believe it's hidden anymore. It was part of the agreement that staff made with each other that we would remove the post limit on the video section - so it should be free to anyone who signs up onto the website. If it's not seeable (this is the video section), let an admin know and we'll remind someone to unlock it. Smile

Any member is free to post in the video section if they have something new to post. Right now, Mike is the only one posting because he's the only one with something to post. Razz We allow any video to be posted but it must be linked to an official source and download links aren't allowed to be posted.

Edit: To clarify, DVD and official released are NOT allowed under any circumstances. If it is an official release, it will not be allowed to be posted. A warning will be handed out to any member who posts an official release.

I Think you got me wrong there.

what i mean is you want someone to post a video like mike (for example) there, "a linked video from official release" then thats mean only from youtube (since theres nothing else as long as i know).

what i mean from "One Man Thread" is after someone post a video on there, there will be no second one after that (same title).
since the source is only from youtube.
thats why is it only for index or shortcut to the youtube one ?

and if we talk about a comment about a video there.
should i leave a post like:
"kyaaaa, suu is too cute there" Embarassed I love you affraid
"waching ainyan make me smile" albino sunny

Thx Smile

@saifamindo
mycodeis007
Reader Model
Reader Model

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:33 pm

mycodeis007 wrote:I Think you got me wrong there.

what i mean is you want someone to post a video like mike (for example) there, "a linked video from official release" then thats mean only from youtube (since theres nothing else as long as i know).

what i mean from "One Man Thread" is after someone post a video on there, there will be no second one after that (same title).

"kyaaaa, suu is too cute there"  Embarassed  I love you  affraid
"waching ainyan make me smile"  albino  sunny

Thx Smile
We only permit one thread for a video. The website doesn't need multiple threads for the same video/series. For example... We would lock a thread if someone posted one for alarm's music video because it has already been posted, therefore the second thread is unneeded and spam.

Anyone is free to respond to the threads though a long as it's appropriate and not spam.Smile Your examples would be fine since they have some substance to them. Something like replying with only emojis would be considered spam and not allowed. ^.^
Airi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Airi wrote:
mycodeis007 wrote:I Think you got me wrong there.

"kyaaaa, suu is too cute there"  Embarassed  I love you  affraid
"waching ainyan make me smile"  albino  sunny

Thx Smile
We only permit one thread for a video. The website doesn't need multiple threads for the same video/series. For example... We would lock a thread if someone posted one for alarm's music video because it has already been posted, therefore the second thread is unneeded and spam.

Anyone is free to respond to the threads though a long as it's appropriate and not spam.Smile Your examples would be fine since they have some substance to them. Something like replying with only emojis would be considered spam and not allowed. ^.^

ok, i got it.

but, if ive to say, it'll be good if you guys use mike idea (for hidden section one).
since it still hard to get official goods of sai2 right now.
and please dont use USA as reference, use some smaller country too.

for example did sai2 sell their CDs on their "S" tour on your region ?
they sell it here (Indonesia) a 2,667 Yen Regular Album one for around 6000+ Yen (IDR 800.000).
its hard to pay one Regular album for 6000+ Yen here and if we use some middle man, its around 4000+ Yen.

so its not like we dont want to buy their official one, but some people just cant afford it.

so i think hidden video section is good for our new community. and this can be used to attract people to join our forum too.
but still minumum post is required, for example 50 post for mv, 100 post for live, 150 post for BD.

since i sincerely think video section right now is a little useless. Smile

Thanks btw Very Happy

@saifamindo
mycodeis007
Reader Model
Reader Model

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:19 am

mycodeis007 wrote:ok, i got it.

but, if ive to say, it'll be good if you guys use mike idea (for hidden section one).
since it still hard to get official goods of sai2 right now.
and please dont use USA as reference, use some smaller country too.

for example did sai2 sell their CDs on their "S" tour on your region ?
they sell it here (Indonesia) a 2,667 Yen Regular Album one for around 6000+ Yen (IDR 800.000).
its hard to pay one Regular album for 6000+ Yen here and if we use some middle man, its around 4000+ Yen.

so its not like we dont want to buy their official one, but some people just cant afford it.

so i think hidden video section is good for our new community. and this can be used to attract people to join our forum too.
but still minumum post is required, for example 50 post for mv, 100 post for live, 150 post for BD.

since i sincerely think video section right now is a little useless. Smile

Thanks btw Very Happy
We did have the video section hidden for a while but after a lot of discussion, we decided that the website wasn't quite big enough for the idea yet. We're still a very small website and we assumed that most people didn't know about the video section nor the post count needed to acquire it. So we thought it would be good to at least temporarily remove the requirement until we grow a little bit. We'd like to see an uptick in activity on the site and more people joining us before we consider bringing back the restriction. Smile

Saisai Sekai doesn't support piracy. Smile It is true that Saisai merchandise can be a little hard to acquire - even here in the U.S. I'm in a tight spot financially and can't afford to buy Saisai merchandise right now so I do understand the feeling. However, this website will not support piracy nor the redistribution of official releases. Even if we had the post count requirement, that rule would not be changed. This is due to respect for the band and international copyright laws. We strive to be a fansite for Saisai to help the band grow but also to gain the band's respect. Above that, copyright laws restrict the redistribution of official releases. If we allowed them, we would risk being shut down for violating copyright laws. In the end, the rule isn't so much the staff's choice but the choice of the law that forbids it. We want to encourage people to support the band and also ensure the website is following the laws that apply.

In all honestly... I do agree with you. I think the video section is a tad bit useless currently by banning download links and we're following an archaic law but I was in the minority. Smile Most of the staff wanted the ban and majority rules, so I'm just carrying out what the majority of staff decided. Razz The rule may be changed in the future or it may staff the same - we're unsure of the direction we'll take since we're mostly experimenting with new things. But I can pass the suggestion along to the other staff~ :3 We're always happy for new suggestions on things. ^.^

You're welcome~ c:
Airi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posted 

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top