Introduction of sorts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduction of sorts

Posted on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:28 am

I discovered Silent Siren in the spring of 2015.  My preference had always been rock and heavy metal (think Rush, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, KISS, Van Halen, Genesis, Motley Crue, Megadeath, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Queen, any number of great groups from the 60's and 70's, etc.) and some bluegrass, classical, jazz, punk, "mountain music" as well.  Somewhere in the mid 90's I started losing interest in music; nothing new excited me and I had heard my old favorites a thousand times.  I started listening to NPR.  On their web site, I saw a link to BABYMETAL.  Very quickly I became obsessed, listening to everything I could get my ears on every spare moment.  First it was BM, then Sakura Gakuin, then Silent Siren.  (Let's get this out of the way right now.  I also love/follow Rick Rack, Michirurondo, Riko Ohara (Kohara?), Yuika Shima, and Himeka Nakamoto.  That's all.)  Something had clicked in my decades-old brain.  This music made me feel happy in a way I had never experienced before.  I'm old enough to be their father (yes, even Ainyan), so it seemed somewhat strange. But now, over a year and a half later, it seems like a natural thing.  What's better than sweet, cute, happy music?

Can't remember the very first song I heard (at that point, youtube was my main source), but 'Limited' pulled me in tight.  (By the way, has the PV for Limited been taken down?  I don't see it on youtube now.) Edit: found it: https://youtu.be/KQ1F5Ok_38k

I remember watching this live video multiple times a day for a long while.  I'm watching it again now, with a happy tear in my eye.  And I just noticed, this isn't the same video.  This one doesn't have Koi yuki!

My first order of SaiSai disks was in May of last year and included the third album "Silent Siren", the first mini-CD "SaiSai" and the single "stella" (b-side is 'Filter', love it).  When it arrived, a giddy feeling washed over me.  I couldn't believe it.  First played the single - so great.  Then the mini.  Before the end of Ren'ai (track#2), I was crying.  It was so fucking great.  So, three months later, I had ordered and received all of their stuff (all regular editions, except two or three).  I mention all this in order to encourage everyone here to purchase the CDs and DVD/Blurays.  All of them.  I just counted 60 songs.  To me, all of them are good, not one bad song.  The vast majority are brilliant.  I got everything from CDJapan.  Very simple to register and use the site.  I've heard others use Amazon.jp.

I like ping-pong, golf, darts, disk golf, watching pro bicycle racing on tv, badminton, and coffee.

Last edited by madaminuasuwo on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:40 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : corrected the total number of songs on disk (that I know of), added ping-pong and limited PV)

Craig
Reader Model
Reader Model

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction of sorts

Posted on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Nice to meet you Smile CDJapan ftw
Iron
Reader Model
Reader Model

Favorite Member : Hinanchu

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Hey Craig! It was nice meting you at the San Francisco show! I hope to see you at other shows in the future. Very Happy

iamcrazymike
Admin
Admin

Favorite Member : Yukarun

http://www.crazygolucky.com

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:22 am

Welcome to the forum!

CDJapan will give you point on your birthday Very Happy
qurtubi
Reader Model
Reader Model

Favorite Member : Suu

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:54 pm

qurtubi wrote:Welcome to the forum!

CDJapan will give you point on your birthday Very Happy

Hi. Thanks for the romaji translations. Now just need the English. (I don't know a word of Japanese.)

Birthday points? Don't remember getting those.

Craig
Reader Model
Reader Model

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:29 pm

They do, it's like 300 points a year.

iamcrazymike
Admin
Admin

Favorite Member : Yukarun

http://www.crazygolucky.com